Remote Summer Internship With
This internship is sponsored by Stephan Michael Ally.
Are you obsessed with the latest movies and TV shows? Want school credit for binge-watching Netflix?
Movieguide® is excited to announce its remote summer internship! Now, you can work from home, watching movies and streaming sites and writing in-depth analyses to be published on an internationally used site. Use your Christian faith to understand what’s really going on in a movie and how worldviews, morality, language, violence, sexuality, or lack thereof, affect the box office payout.
What’s more, you’ll gain exclusive entertainment industry insights from Dr. Ted Baehr, who has influenced the industry for more than 40 years.
What You’ll Do:
- Stream at least three movies a week and write a detailed analysis of the movie’s key details according to the Movieguide® DNA style guide. These reviews could be published on movieguide.org and distributed through our newsletters around the world.
- Use this comprehensive analysis to advise families on if the movie is appropriate for children.
- Write seasonal overviews of popular TV shows in the form of an op-ed, offering insight to families and notifying them of any questionable elements a season may contain.
- Write at least two to three articles a week about entertainment industry news.
- A deep understanding of the Christian faith and biblical principles
- A keen knowledge of major worldviews and the ability to recognize those worldviews in media
- A flexible attitude and general sense of news judgment of what TV shows and movies are most important to our audiences
- A strong home internet connection and access to major streaming platforms, including Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime
- The ability to turn around reviews within 24 hours of a screening
- Some experience writing 200-400 word news stories
- A general understanding of news judgment and what the Movieguide audience wants
- A humble spirit, as the editing process can sometimes be grueling
- The capability to turn reviews into articles to be published on movieguide.org
- School credit
- Potential byline on an internationally known movie review site
- One-on-one feedback with a Movieguide® editor to learn how to improve
To Apply Fill Out The Application Below: