Who We Are
Movieguide® is a faith-based nonprofit organization looking for passionate people who want a calling and not just a career. Our mission is to redeem the values of the entertainment industry and help parents to understand the content that their kids watch. Movieguide® both reviews movies from a biblical, Christian perspective on how they affect kids at various stages of cognitive development and conducts advocacy in Hollywood, working directly with the major studios and streaming services to bring family-friendly, God-honoring content to screens worldwide.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a skilled operations associate to perform data entry, office management/organization, filing, and various admin work. Previous experience at a nonprofit and a bookkeeping background are a plus.
- Complete corporate and charitable state filings, among other government paperwork
- Keep the office in clean, running order
- Manage invoicing and budgeting
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Establish and document internal guidelines, processes, and policies
- Extremely detail oriented with a strong desire to do things right
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and QuickBooks software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Compensation for this position is $20–$25/hour.