This is scary
With the summer months quickly approaching, more and more kids will be spending time outside.
One mom from eastern Oregon had a frightening experience with her daughter that is now going viral around the internet.
Amanda Lewis shared a video on Facebook of her daughter Evelyn “acting a little weird” around bedtime.
“She didn’t want to stand up after her bath to get into her pajamas. I helped her and got her in bed. She was a little fussy last night and I ended up sleeping in bed with her all night. This morning she was having a hard time standing. She could barely walk, or crawl, and could hardly use her arms.”
Evelyn’s mom captured this video below that has almost 20 million views of what was happening to her:
It scared the parents so much they took their daughter to the emergency room:
“We got into a room quickly, thank God, and were seen almost right away. The doctor talked to us for a minute and said over the past 15 years he had seen about 7 or 8 children her age with identical symptoms and more than likely she had a tick.”
The doctors combed through little Evelyn’s hair and found a tick buried in her scalp.
“This condition is called tick paralysis. It can affect dogs also and can be fatal. I’m glad we took her in when we did and that it wasn’t something worse and that we found it before it got worse. It’s not terribly common for this to happen but it’s good to be aware that if your children or pets start having weakness in their limbs to look for a tick!”
Do you enjoy articles like this?
Click here to become a monthly partner and receive a movie for free!