Facebook Justifies Deleting Kevin Sorbo’s Account Over COVID-19 Related Posts
By Movieguide® Staff
Facebook responded to Kevin Sorbo after the Christian actor announced the company had deleted his account without explanation.
“We removed Kevin Sorbo’s Page for repeatedly sharing debunked claims about the coronavirus or vaccines,” a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement.
Facebook also claimed that they notified Sorbo’s account multiple times. According to their new policy, the company warned Sorbo that if he did not delete specific posts, they would delete his account.
Previously Sorbo said that Facebook did not explain the reason for his deleted account.
“I’ve been told absolutely nothing, I mean they’ve been shadow banning me for the last year telling me that they’re purposely only letting a select few people see the posts that I make,” Sorbo explained in a recent interview on FOX NEWS @ NIGHT. “And the posts that I make, I do a lot of humor and obviously Facebook doesn’t like humor because they don’t have anything to laugh about.”
Sorbo continued: “And then I post things from doctors saying ‘Hey check out the other side of the issue of COVID’ or ‘check out the other side of the issue of voter fraud’ and ‘what do you guys think?’ That’s pretty much what I post and that’s enough to make them get angry and take my account down, I don’t know. I’d love to get an answer, trust me.”
After Facebook deleted Sorbo’s account, he started a new account. However, per the social media site’s policy, that account was also deleted after five posts.
“FACEBOOK DID IT AGAIN!” Sorbo tweeted. “I created my new page about a week ago, and with roughly 5 total posts, it has been deleted. No politics, just a few funny posts my kids sent me. Censorship at its finest, spread the word!”
FACEBOOK DID IT AGAIN!
I created my new page about a week ago, and with roughly 5 total posts, it has been deleted.
No politics, just a few funny posts my kids sent me. Censorship at its finest, spread the word! pic.twitter.com/z2G6XHRP4R
— Kevin Sorbo (@ksorbs) February 17, 2021
The social media site’s updated policy seeks to stop the spread of misinformation regarding COVID-19.
“As the situation evolves, we continue to look at content on the platform, assess speech trends, and engage with experts like the World Health Organization (WHO), government health authorities, and stakeholders from across the spectrum of people who use our service, and we will provide additional policy guidance when appropriate to keep the members of our community safe during this crisis,” the company’s website reads.
Facebook has not commented on which post violated their policy.
Sorbo previously spoke to Movieguide® about his concerns with the coronavirus restrictions and government hypocrisy.
“Once again, hypocrisy rules. We see it right now with COVID going on from governments of every level,” Sorbo said. “They tell you what to do, and but then they can do whatever they want to do. It is a do as I say, but not as I do mentality.”
Sorbo added: “I think the biggest killer of anything and everything that’s going on in our world right now is apathy. People go ‘well, it is what it is,’ but look what we’re doing. People say ‘oh you have to wear masks,’ well they find out that more people get COVID with masks on, than people who don’t want to wear masks, but every school is forced to wear masks. It’s just weird.”
Sorbo also mentioned how people weaponized fear from COVID-19.
“Fear is an amazing weapon, and we’re using it once again with COVID right now,” Sorbo explained. “Fear is an amazing weapon and they’re using it to control our lives.”
“People need to wake up, and I thank God that more and more people are saying ‘enough is enough,” Sorbo added.