By Evy Baehr, Executive Managing Editor
Editor’s note: This article originally appeared on Dec. 13, 2013.
1. Shermy: “Every Christmas it’s the same. I always end up playing a shepherd.”
2. Linus Van Pelt: “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”
3. Linus Van Pelt: “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, ‘Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.’ And, suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.’ That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”
4. Charlie Brown: “Don’t think of it as dust. Think of it as maybe the soil of some great past civilization. Maybe the soil of Ancient Babylon. It staggers the imagination. He may be carrying soil that was trod upon by Solomon, or even Nebuchudnezzar.”
5. Everyone sings: “Christ is born in Bethlehem!”
Do you enjoy articles like this?
Click here to become a monthly partner and receive a movie for free!