(PaPaPa, FeFeFe, HoHoHo, Ev, LLL, VVV, SS, N, MMM) Very strong pagan, relativistic worldview with feminist/homosexual/bisexual outlook and some evolutionary elements about evolution of the sexes; strong language with at least 117 strong obscenities, 31 lighter obscenities, and 15 profanities; violence includes man being shot to death in head and woman slitting wrists in attempted suicide; sex includes excessive, repulsive, detailed, preachy, pro-lesbian discussions, a sex scene with Jennifer Lopez clothed in robe, and lesbian catfight; nudity includes some partial rear female nudity and many “Bay Watch” type scantily-clad ladies on a beach; and, lying, cheating, stealing, murder, extortion, kidnapping, etc. GENRE: Drama/Romantic Comedy PaPaPa FeFeFe HoHoHo Ev LLL VVV SS N MMM
In GIGLI, a street thug is assigned a kidnapping but is soon surprised to find that the mob has assigned a seductive lesbian woman to keep him company. Possibly the worst movie in three years, GIGLI is simply a bisexual propaganda movie that moral audiences will likely avoid, perhaps even boycott.
Grooooooooossssss! GIGLI (pronounced “Gee-lee”) is nothing more than a propaganda film for bisexuality. For parents interested in enlightening their teens on the details of why women (and men) should prefer women sexually, GIGLI will provide quite the education.
The lame story can be ascertained between the hundred or so “f” words, and revolves around a mob bouncer, Gigli (Ben Affleck), who is assigned to kidnap the retarded brother of a Federal Judge who wants to put Gigli’s boss’s boss (Al Pacino) in prison for life. Staked out in his one-bedroom apartment with his kidnap victim, Brian (Justin Bartha), Gigli soon realizes that what he thought would be a routine assignment soon becomes a confusing head game.
Ricki (Jennifer Lopez), a seductive, self-proclaimed lesbian gangster, is sent to assist Gigli with the kidnapping because his boss doesn’t think Gigli is up to the job. When his feelings for the decidedly unavailable lesbian begin to grow, and he becomes concerned for Brian (actually refusing to chop off his thumb, as directed – what a guy!), Gigli begins to soften his heart, putting all three of them in danger from an angry mob boss.
GIGLI is one of the worst movies made in years. The story is implausible with Gigli being able to easily kidnap from an institution the retarded brother of a high-profile judge, and easily being able to detain him for weeks without anyone really noticing. The pro-homosexual discussions and lectures are nauseatingly excessive, and the “I’m a lesbian but I’m going to do seductive exercises while telling you why men are sexually inferior to women” part was the movie’s definite low. With the exception of Al Pacino, who makes a chilling bad guy, and Justin Bartha, who performs well in his mentally-handicapped role, the acting is very mediocre. Granted, Affleck’s part is that of a simple street thug, but. . . didn’t he used to be suave and charming?
The movie has sexual overtones throughout. The Jennifer Lopez character (Ricki) proclaims herself to be a lesbian, but surely romantic audiences are hoping she’s lying to protect herself from Gigli’s advances. She’s not. Another angry lesbian shows up – Ricki’s ex-lover, and the ladies have a mini-catfight. Even at the end, the apparent heterosexual romantic resolution is clouded by the ever-looming question of whether or not a lesbian can demonstrate a true commitment to a man.
GIGLI is a symptom of the growing spiritual climate of our nation. According to a politician friend of MOVIEGUIDE®, it is now almost allowable for a public figure to defend a pro-life position, but the moment he or she challenges homosexuality, it is instant death to their career. How is this able to happen? How is it that the sexual behaviors of less than 2% of our population can control and intimidate the other 98%? The answer was given by (Edmund Burke), when he said, “All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”
Please pray that as this movie goes out to theatres next weekend, and is packaged and sent throughout the world, that the Lord would miraculously protect the spirits of young, impressionable teens, especially those with any question or confusion about their sexual identity. If GIGLI does well at the box office, it would be a telling and shameful statement about the spiritual disintegration of our nation.
Please address your comments to:
Amy Pascal, President
John Calley, Chairman/CEO
Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232-3195
Phone: (310) 244-4000
Fax: (310) 244-2626
Web Page: www.spe.sony.com/
SUMMARY: In GIGLI, a street thug is assigned a kidnapping but is soon surprised to find that the mob has assigned a seductive lesbian woman to keep him company. Possibly the worst movie in three years, GIGLI is simply a bisexual propaganda movie that moral audiences will likely avoid, perhaps even boycott.