
By Kayla DeKraker
Ty Pennington’s BATTLE ON THE BEACH is set to return, despite rumors claiming that the series had been canceled.
“I’ve been in the television industry for a long time. I just know when it comes to TV, nothing’s really canceled,” Pennington told TV Insider, explaining that the creators were actually brainstorming how to make the show better. “I think that’s a big word. Sometimes, people are just re-evaluating what is doing well, what they know they want to see more of.”
Rumors of BATTLE ON THE BEACH’s cancellation began circulating last summer after comments made by former show member Alison Victoria.
“I did a show called BATTLE ON THE BEACH. I love that show. It was so fun and funny,” she said on a podcast. “And then all of a sudden, I watched the episode, I’m like, ‘Well, where’d all that [great content] go?’ I get it, it’s a lot of content to try to put into 42 minutes, but where is it? Where’s the great editing? You’ll lose a show that way. I truly believe that. BATTLE ON THE BEACH did not get picked back up, which is sad because it was like adult spring break.”
Related: HGTV’s BATTLE ON THE BEACH Washed Away After Four Seasons
Despite Victoria’s remarks, BATTLE ON THE BEACH fans can get excited for another season.
“I think that fans really like that show because you really see people working very hard with their own hands,” Pennington explained. “So, I think it’s one of those shows that you can tell the aggravation and the frustration of competing on a show like that, because you literally see them screaming in agony, not only with each other, but I think just at how hard it actually is. And I know that those kinds of shows resonate with fans, because we’ve all been there. We’ve all taken on a project where we’re like, ‘Why did I say yes to this?’”
HGTV announced the series’ return in a post to Instagram.
“A new season of #BattleOnTheBeach — featuring mentors Mika, Sarah and Ty, and judges by Kamohai and Tristyn — premieres June 1 at 9/8c!” they wrote in the caption.
The comment section showed a mixture of excitement and confusion.
“I thought this show was cancelled? Oh well, cool,” one person said. Another fan added, “Not sure how I am going to pick a favorite team, this is going to be epic!”
This season, Pennington will team up with Sarah Baeumler of RENOVATION RESORT and Mika Kleinschmidt from 100 DAY DREAM HOME to mentor the two-person teams. While Baeumler and her husband Bryan previously appeared as judges, RENOVATION ALOHA stars Tristyn and Kamohai Kalama will handle the judging this season.
BATTLE ON THE BEACH Season 5 premieres on Monday, June 1, at 9/8c on HGTV.
Read Next: Is Ty Pennington Packing Up Amid HGTV Cancelations?
Questions or comments? Please write to us here.


- Content: