Candace Cameron Bure: ‘I Don’t like to Use Words that Aren’t Honoring to God’
By Movieguide® Staff
Despite Candace Cameron Bure’s success in entertainment, her work consistently reflects her love for Christ and the Bible.
The FULL HOUSE and FULLER HOUSE star is outspoken about her faith. While Bure often shares scripture or words of encouragement from the Bible on her social media, she also recently published a devotional called “Radical Kindness: Jesus Every Day Devotional Guide.“
In a recent interview with E! News, Bure answered 20 questions, some of which allowed her to share her faith.
One of the questions read: “Do you have a favorite curse word? What is it and when did you last use it?”
“No. I RARELY curse. I don’t like to use words that aren’t honoring to God or tear someone down,” Bure responded.
Second to Bure’s faith is her family. In another question about who makes her laugh the most, Bure said: “My husband, Val.”
Movieguide® recently reported on Bure’s dating rules for her children:
“When it comes down to it, I just want [their significant others] to love Jesus the way I love Jesus. That’s all I really want. Is that too much to ask for? Yeah. It’s not too much,” Bure says.
Bure shares three children with her husband Valeri Bure, a former hockey player: 22-year-old Natasha, 21-year-old Lev, and 19-year-old Maksim.
View this post on Instagram
View the complete list of 20 questions below:
1. What song is your all-time summer anthem?
“Good Vibrations” by The Beach Boys.
2. What would your Real Housewives tagline be?
I don’t know what this means. I’ve never seen Real Housewives.
3. If you could have super-power, what would it be and why?
Teleportation. I hate sitting in traffic. I’d save so much time and I could visit different eras.
4. When was the best summer you can remember and why?
1994. [My husband] Val [Bure] and I traveled to Europe- France, Switzerland and Italy. We ate, we laid in the sun, we went sightseeing and got engaged.
5. Do you have a spirit animal—if so, what and why?
A panther. They are stealthy, quiet, sleek, quick and strong.
6. Do you have a favorite curse word? What is it and when did you last use it?
No. I RARELY curse. I don’t like to use words that aren’t honoring to God or tear someone down.
7. What was the last thing you Googled?
A Bible verse.
8. What emoji do you use the most?
The red heart emoji.
9. What is your go to karaoke song?
“Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
10. What is your go-to sunscreen?
Dr. Lancer Sheer Fluid Sunscreen.
11. What person makes you laugh the most?
My husband, Val.
12. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Jeni’s Brambleberry Crisp.
13. What is the one beauty product you keep repurchasing? And why?
Dr. Lancer’s The Method. I’ve been using it over 13 years. It’s the foundation of my daily skincare routine. I know I’m aging pretty well because of it. It’s the best.
14. What’s something from your childhood that you wish would be brought back (e.g. a specific style, accessory, TV show, etc)?
Full House. Again. We need another iteration like Fullest House… Because it’s my FAVORITE job ever!!
15. What city in the world best represents you?
Los Angeles!!! Born and raised… specifically Malibu. I’m a beach girl. I love the mountains and the ocean together and its west coast ease is all me. Casual, easy going, cool – but keep it classy.
16. What’s your favorite fast food/restaurant chain and why?
In-N-Out. Do I really need to explain? Hamburger with onions, animal-style fries and a chocolate milkshake.
17. Be honest: Are you a Carrie, Miranda, Samantha or Charlotte?
I’ve never seen Sex and the City either.
18. What’s one thing fans may be surprised to find in your home?
A walk in wine cellar? Maybe that’s not a surprise. A garden in my backyard? A putting green?
19. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?
Watch TV. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon… I like to zone out on shows and movies.
20. What is your favorite thing about summer?
Tank tops, cut off denim, bathing suits, the sand, the ocean, the pool, rosé, BBQ’s, friends, the sunshine, the heat, air dried hair, watermelon, peaches and cherries.